Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

fortran XE composer update error

DrBLT
Novice

I'm getting a persistent error that the download file is corrupt while attempting to update fortran XE composer (Compiler 19.1) with XE_2020 update4 using the Intel software manager within Visual Studio 2019.  The OS is Windows 10.  Automatic updates to the compiler no longer work.  Would appreciate help in getting the update to work.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I suggest installing the latest, and now free, version. Optimized Tools for HPC Apps Using Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit Be sure to install the "Intel Distribution for GDB" from the Base Toolkit.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I suggest installing the latest, and now free, version. Optimized Tools for HPC Apps Using Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit Be sure to install the "Intel Distribution for GDB" from the Base Toolkit.

0 Kudos
DrBLT
Novice

Thanks Steve,  I was unaware of these tools and appreciate that you brought these to my attention.

0 Kudos
DrBLT
Novice

OK, I was able to solve the problem by doing the following:

Exit and close Visual Studio

Run Intel Software Manager as a standalone application

Update XE Composer

When update fails, download the update (select "Download Only")

Install the update

Now that I've done this, I recall something like the above posted, but it may not have been in the Forum (I couldn't find it in the forum yesterday.)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I've never found the Intel Software Manager to be useful for much. I always download directly from the Intel Registration Center.

0 Kudos