Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

fortran: program exception

valerio19
Beginner
Hello,

I'm new in the fortran programming

I am writing a program using mpi, openMP and scalapack (Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 with VS2005).

It works well on my machine (Intel processor, windows xp) but it crashes on an other pc (AMD processor, windows 7) where the development environment is not installed.

All dll required are present (I think)
- libiomp5md.dll
- mkl_blacs.dll
- mkl_core.dll
- mkl_intel_thread.dll
- mkl_scalapack_core.dll

when I launch the program, it starts printing correctly some strings, then it stops printing:

forrtl: severe (172): Program Exception - exception code = 0x7e (126))
Image PC Routine Line Source
KERNELBASE.dll 76169617 Unknown Unknown Unknown
mkl_blacs.dll 100083AF Unknown Unknown Unknown
mkl_blacs.dll 10006E63 Unknown Unknown Unknown
Console1.exe 00465FE3 Unknown Unknown Unknown
Console1.exe 0044A99E Unknown Unknown Unknown
kernel32.dll 77081174 Unknown Unknown Unknown
ntdll.dll 77DBB3F5 Unknown Unknown Unknown
ntdll.dll 77DBB3C8 Unknown Unknown Unknown

Must I install something on the latter machine?

Thanks in advance

Valerio
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You could check on your development machine to see if you missed any required .dll by running dumpbin /dependents or similar tool on your .exe. Another possibility is to use one or more of the options for static linking, so that required library functions are built into the .exe.
Also, of course, you must build and link with an architecture option supported on both your platforms (/arch:SSE3 for recent AMD, for example). Your MPI must be the same version on both platforms, except that there should be some compatibility between Intel MPI and Argonne MPICH2 for Windows.
0 Kudos
valerio19
Beginner
Solved.

Dependency Walker 1.0 got me no problem, whereas Dependency walker 2.2.6 found the lack.

More mkl .dll was needed

Thanks
0 Kudos