Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28704 Discussions

getarg(): access violation with /iface:cvf

kat024
Beginner
I am trying to read command line arguments in my fortran program and find that if I use /Gm or /iface:cvf compiler options I get a runtime error of "access violation" when trying to use the getarg() command. I need to use these options as I am combining c and fortran programs and this option is the only way I can get my program to compile an link successfully.
I am using the windows 8.0 fortran compiler under windows 2000 prof.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This was a bug in early versions of 8.0. Please install 8.0.050 and the 8.0.053 patch - that should take care of it.
0 Kudos
kat024
Beginner
Sounds like a good idea, but I am using the evaluation version before buying and it is only version .035
Any idea when the .053 version will be available on evaluation site, or is there another way to get this version?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sigh - file this under "put your worst foot forward".

What you need to do is this - register the serial number you were sent with the eval. This entitles you to 30 days of support (from the time you got the license) and, this is the clincher, it allows you to download a current version from the Premier Support web site.

We ARE going to fix this problem (stale eval copies) real soon now....
0 Kudos