Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28559 Discussions

how to mixed fortran and C++ in visual studio 2010 ?

bluecolorsea_SH
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to call the c++ function from fortran main code.

finally, I found the sample MLP code from  ...\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\Samples\en_US\Fortran   and i tried it.

but, I don't know how to set the Project setting for calling c++ function from fortran main program

So, I need the help for detailed procedure for mixing fortran and c++ in visual studio 2010 ,please

This is my fortran and c++ code(In the same sample project,.. my code working well but,not another project)

and I used same sample source code but, doesn't work in another new project.

---- Fmain.f90--------------------------------------------------

PROGRAM fmain2
IMPLICIT NONE

INTERFACE

SUBROUTINE ADD (a,b,RES) BIND(C,NAME='c_add')
USE,INTRINSIC :: ISO_C_BINDING ! Declares C kinds
INTEGER(c_int),INTENT(IN) :: a
INTEGER(c_int),INTENT(IN) :: b
INTEGER(c_int) :: RES
END SUBROUTINE ADD

SUBROUTINE SUB (a,b,RES) BIND(C,NAME='c_sub')
USE,INTRINSIC :: ISO_C_BINDING ! Declares C kinds
INTEGER(c_int),INTENT(IN) :: a
INTEGER(c_int),INTENT(IN) :: b
INTEGER(c_int) :: RES
END SUBROUTINE SUB

END INTERFACE

INTEGER :: a =2
INTEGER :: b =4
INTEGER :: RES

CALL ADD (a,b,RES)
WRITE(*,101) a,b,RES
101 FORMAT (1X,'IN FORTRAN a=',I3,' ,b= ',I3,' ,a+b= ', I4)

CALL SUB (a,b,RES)
WRITE(*,102) a,b,RES
102 FORMAT (1X,'IN FORTRAN a=',I3,' ,b= ',I3,' ,a-b= ', I4)

END PROGRAM

--- Csub.cpp ------------------------------------------------------------

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

extern "C"
{
void c_add(int &a,int &b, int &RES)
{
RES = a+b;
cout << "In c_routine a ="<< a << " b =" << b << " a+b = " << RES << endl;
}

void c_sub(int &a,int &b, int &RES)
{
RES = a-b;
cout << "In c_routine a ="<< a << " b =" << b << " a-b = " << RES << endl;
}

}

----------------------------

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The C++ code has to go into a C++ static library project. (Visual C++ Project > Win32 > Win32 Project. Click Next and then select Application > Static Library. The C++ project then needs to be made a dependent of the Fortran project (right click on the Fortran project, select Dependencies.). Also, change the Fortran > Libraries > Runtime Library option from Debug Multithreaded to Debug Multithread DLL to match the C++ project.
0 Kudos
bluecolorsea_SH
Beginner
Hi, and thank you very much for the swift reply! This help me very much. Now, my codes work well, but it printed out warning message like this ------------------------------------------------------- 2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: For, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 2>Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'For', configuration 'Debug|Win32'. 2>Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.1.2.278 [IA-32]... 2>for.f90 2>Linking... 2>win32_project.lib(Cpp.obj) : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification 2>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library 2>Embedding manifest... 2> ------------------------------------------------------- Could you tell me how to solve this problem, and what's mean this message?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The 4075 warning you can ignore. The 4098 warning is because you did not follow the step of making the runtime library types consistent between the projects. C++ defaults to DLL libraries, Fortran to static libraries. You have to change one or the other so that they match. (In C++, this is done on the Code Generation property page.)
0 Kudos
farzin_p_
Beginner

Dear Steve Lionel ,

It was my problem too!

thanks a lot! your clearly a FORTRAN VIRTUOSO!!!

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

By the way, in a version coming out this fall we are changing the library defaults when creating new VS projects to match C++, which will avoid this class of problem, though people will need to adjust...

0 Kudos