Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

iFort and Xcode - Legacy Build System

Alain_F_
Beginner

I bought the Intel Fortran Compiler because of its integration to Xcode (macOS).

With version iFort 19.1 and Xcode 11, I can still compile and export "Command line tools".
However using the "Legacy Build System" seems to introduce problems with applications mixing languages. I succeeded to "Run" from Xcode an application with several Schemes (C, Cocoa, Fortran, shell script) but failed to export it to an Archive : "Command /usr/local/bin/ifort-19.1.0.166 failed with exit code 15", etc.
May be I made a mistake but other error messages such as "option '-target x86_64-apple-macos10.15' not supported" clearly indicates that the iFort integration to Xcode is outdated.

I read the post of Ronald W Green (Blackbelt)  Thu, 02/06/2020 - 13:16 on this forum "
"We are planning to remove Xcode* integration capabilities within our Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer Edition for Fortran for macOS*."

I am not sure I will continue buying the Intel compiler !

0 Kudos
0 Replies