Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

ifort command fails after ifortvars.bat ia32 VS2015

Yasuki_N_
Beginner

I've been working on making Fortran 32bit-application on Intel Fortran compiler, which I got as a part of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 for Windows(evaluation edition). Before installing it, Visual Studio 2015 Community had been already installed.

The steps I took is below:

1.Installed Visual Studio 2015 Community.
2.Installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Cluster edition for Windows.
3.Executed command:ifortvars.bat ia32 vs2015.
4.Executed command:`ifort.exe /dll test.f90`
5.Got an error:"'ifort.exe' は、内部コマンドまたは外部コマンド、
操作可能なプログラムまたはバッチ ファイルとして認識されていません。 ", which means "'ifort.exe' is not recognized as an internal/external command nor an executable program nor bat file'".

In step4 I want to create 32bit-dll file, which is due to be used from the other 32bit-application.

I doubt the reason why step5 fails is that I have never succeeded in installing intel fortran 32bit compiler in step2.
Actually an option for selecting fortran 32bit-compiler was grayed out when installing.
If that's true, how can I get 32bit-compiler installed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please show the output of the ifortvars.bat command.

My guess is that when you installed VS2015 Community you accepted the defaults, which omits the C++ components required by Intel Fortran. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-visual-studio-2015-for-use-with-intel-compilers for instructions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please show the output of the ifortvars.bat command.

My guess is that when you installed VS2015 Community you accepted the defaults, which omits the C++ components required by Intel Fortran. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-visual-studio-2015-for-use-with-intel-compilers for instructions.

0 Kudos
Yasuki_N_
Beginner

I'm sorry for being late for checking your response.
Actually reinstalling Parallel Studio enabled me to choose 32-bit compiler without reinstalling VS2015.
I will read the instructions you have taught. Thanks!

0 Kudos