Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

image size too large for EM64T target

blischke
Beginner
I'm trying to compile a code that needs more than 2 GBytes of memory. I'm on regular Windows XP, but I'm compiling for an EM64T target computer with over 4 GBytes RAM. I've manged to figure out how to compile, but I get an error at link time that my executable is too large:
LINK : fatal error LNK1248: image size (F4E4F000) exceeds maximum allowable size (80000000)
Is there some switch I need to use? The only compiler switch I'm using is -O2. I'm using a makefile and running nmake, but I believe the command for linking is essentially
ifort -O2 main.obj lastfile.obj -o main.exe 
In case it helps, some of the version lines spit out are:
Microsoft  Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.8882 
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-2000. All rights reserved.
Intel Fortran Compiler for Intel EM64T-based applications, Version 9.0 Build 20050430
Copyright (C) 1985-2005 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. 
Microsoft  Incremental Linker Version 8.00.40310.39
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
blischke
Beginner
Also, how do I get my email to not show up as the poster, so I don't collect more spam?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Access your profile, change your user name, and make sure that your profile details are not public.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Windows x64 does not support static code and data size larger than 2GB. This is a Windows limit, not a compiler limit. You should use ALLOCATABLE arrays if you want more than 2GB.

As for the username - as Tim says, select My Profile in the left column and you should be able to change the name. The next time you log in, the forum should recognize the change and your old posts will have the new name.
0 Kudos