Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

integrating intel fortran compiler into VS

ANDJELIC__ZORAN
Beginner

I have installed VS2017 and downloaded trial version of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018. But, after trying to open the existing project, it reports that .vfproj is incompatible. I checked on the web site and seems there are some problems with integration of  FORTRAN in VS2018. Would be thankful if somebody could help me to clarify this problem

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

What is the filename of the installer you downloaded for Intel Parallel Studio XE? What happens if you uninstall and reinstall that version?

0 Kudos
ANDJELIC__ZORAN
Beginner

Thanks Steve! I tried to follow your suggestions. Here the steps and the results:1. I deleted all previously installed Intel versions; 2. I deleted the newly installed Intel Parallel Studio XE2018 ( the exe file I run was: parallel_studio_xe_2018_update1_cluster_edition_setup​); 3. I started VS2017 and opened existing .sln file; after it has reported that FORTRAN lib is not compatible, I have reloaded it again. And, then it worked! Excellent! Thanks once again for your support! I appreciate it very much!

0 Kudos
ANDJELIC__ZORAN
Beginner

And, sorry, I missed one important step: Before 3., after deleting the XE 2018, I have re-installed it again!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately, the article I wrote (when I still worked for Intel) on "repairing" Fortran integration in VS isn't applicable to VS2017 (and newer), since the integration method changed, so uninstall and reinstall is usually the best bet.

0 Kudos