Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26731 Discussions

ipo: error #11018: Cannot open C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin

qin__youwei
Beginner

Hi All,

I am new to parallel programming with Intel visual fortran. I have been trapped by a few days with the compiling issue.

My project includes three files, forlab.f90, stochoptim.f90, and testMain.f90. When compiled separately there is no errors. However, in the process of linking, I got the following errors:

ipo: error #11018: Cannot open C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin;

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin;.obj

I am using VS2015 and parallel_studio_xe_2016.0.041. To enable the MPI, I have add 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\include" [with quotes] into Porperties==>Fortran==>General==>Additional Include Directories

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin" [with quotes] into Porperties==>Linker==>Input==>Dependencies

impi.lib into "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin" [with quotes] into Porperties==>Linker==>General==>Additional Library Directories

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Don't do this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin" [with quotes] into Porperties==>Linker==>Input==>Dependencies

In this property put the library name impi.lib).

And then in Additional Library Directories, put just the path to the folder that contains impi.lib, not including the impi.lib name. I don't know if "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin" is correct for that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Don't do this:

In this property put the library name impi.lib).

And then in Additional Library Directories, put just the path to the folder that contains impi.lib, not including the impi.lib name. I don't know if "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\mpi\5.1.1.110\intel64\bin" is correct for that.

View solution in original post

qin__youwei
Beginner

thank you, Steve. It solves my problem.