Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

line numbers for diganostic visual fortran program

Stanley_W_K_Shum
Beginner
how do i turn on the line numbers for the visual fortran program so that i can see the error corresponding to the line numbers at the error output?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
how do i turn on the line numbers for the visual fortran program so that i can see the error corresponding to the line numbers at the error output?

I presume you mean the editor in Visual Studio ?
From the menu : Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All Languages -> General
There is a tick box to turn on line numbers

I presume you know that if you double-click the error line in the outputit will open the source file with the cursor at that line ?

Les

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II

I presume you mean the editor in Visual Studio ?
From the menu : Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All Languages -> General
There is a tick box to turn on line numbers

I presume you know that if you double-click the error line in the outputit will open the source file with the cursor at that line ?

Les
0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I
I presume Stanley is refering to the line numbers in the source modules when getting an error message exception. I had the same question a few days ago, but by playing around with the VS/project settings I finally managed to get the line numbers in the error trace after an exception. I cannot remember which option I changed, so I would be grateful if an expert could tell me what I set right unconsciously.
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - rase
I presume Stanley is refering to the line numbers in the source modules when getting an error message exception. I had the same question a few days ago, but by playing around with the VS/project settings I finally managed to get the line numbers in the error trace after an exception. I cannot remember which option I changed, so I would be grateful if an expert could tell me what I set right unconsciously.

Ah, you mean run-time errors?
Could it be the Project->Properties->Fortran->RunTime->Generate Traceback setting?

Les
0 Kudos