Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

missing library?

laura_s_kang
Beginner

I'm running Intel Fortran on Microsoft Visual Studio .net. I got following errors. MAIN, PROBIN, PARSE are my function name. I feel like there is a library missing, but couldn't figure out what exactly is wrong. Any help? Thanks, Laura

Linking...

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_set_reentrancy referenced in function _MAIN__

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_emit_diagnostic referenced in function +MAIN__

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_cpystr referenced in function _PROBIN

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_cpstr referenced in function _PROBIN

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _for_f90_index referenced in function _PARSE

Debug/main.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Is this by any chance a mixed Fortran-C application with a C main program and Fortran static library? Or did you set the project property Fortran..Libraries..Disable default library search rules to Yes?
0 Kudos
laura_s_kang
Beginner

I don't use any of C in this project. I created a Fortran console project and used only Fortran.

The project property Fortran..Libraries..Disable default library search rules is set to "No"

Laura

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Very odd, If the libraries were truly missing, I would expect different errors.

In VS.NET, select Tools..Options..Intel Fortran. Click the... button next to Libraries. What do you see there? It should look something like this:

$(IFortInstallDir)Lib
C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntelShared FilesIa32Lib
$(VCInstallDir)lib
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfclib
$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDKlib

At least the first three lines should be there in some order.
0 Kudos
laura_s_kang
Beginner
I checked what you suggested. I have everything on that list on my library list. Can it be possibly something other than library error?
Thanks, Laura
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Laura,

Please submit a support request to Intel Premier Support and attach a ZIP of the project folder (and its subfolders), along with a description of the problem. We'll help you through that channel.
0 Kudos