Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

need trial version to integrate with VS2012 Pro

Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

Is there a trial Fortran compiler download that will integrate with Visual Studio 2012, which I have on trial?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, the current Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017, available for a free 30-day trial, works with VS2012. Just be sure that Visual C++ support is there in VS2012. I have to ask, though - why dig up  VS2012 trial when you can get a VS2015 trial?

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

Because, now I am retired, I want to buy a VS version and 12 is cheaper I think.

It's the cost of VS + composer that I want to minimise.

Otherwise, good point.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If you're retired, why not choose the free VS2015 Community Edition?

What do you plan on doing with Fortran in the future?

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

If the community Edition is free, it must lack something the paid-for version contains.

What might that be? Will it supply C++ and C# support for mixed language apps?

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

Anthony Richards wrote:

If the community Edition is free, it must lack something the paid-for version contains.

What might that be? Will it supply C++ and C# support for mixed language apps?

Yes - it supplies C++ and C# support for mixed language apps.

Loosely speaking, relative to a purchased edition, the licence that comes with the community edition has material restrictions (limited to education/training/open source stuff) for use by organisations and enterprises, but not individuals.  Being retired is likely to put you firmly in the camp of being an individual.  Even if you consider your retired self somewhat organised, you can still clone yourself four times until the material restrictions kick in.  For your organised retired self to be considered an enterprise you would need to clone yourself 249 times, own more than 250 computers, or have turnover greater than one million USD. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The one thing to remember with any VS2015 edition is to choose a "custom" install and select Languages > C++, as a default install does not include C++!  See How do I install Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 for use with Intel Compilers?

Do you already have an Intel license?

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

I have installed trial VS 2015 Pro and trial Parallel studio XE 2017 composer  C++ and Fortran.

I believe that there should be sample/test projects installed alongside the composers.
Where can I find the sample/test projects? I cannot locate them.

P.S. How best to setup/organise the VS Help so that Fortran/windows API help is prioritised over MSDN etc?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

As of version 17, the samples are online. You can find them at https://software.intel.com/en-us/product-code-samples

I don't now about prioritised - but you can add local help through Help > Add and Remove Help Content. If you want local Windows API help you can add "Windows Desktop Application Development" locally. I find that F1 help for Fortran topics is served locally, though it comes up in your web browser. There is an option to prefer using the Help Viewer instead - I am not sure if that will change things.

0 Kudos