Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

new laptop, windows 10...VS2013 shell install failed

Walt_Brainerd
Beginner

new laptop, windows 10

no vs

installed sdk 8.1 as directed; get following.  help please. thanks.

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).
  Windows Installer failed to configure product:
    Error message: An error occured during installation of Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013 Shell. Setup will now exit. 
    Error code: 1603
    File name: ww_vsshell_2013_intel64.msi

Installer logs location: C:\Users\waltb\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2016_waltb\2015.09.27_12.04.24_00002078\log\

To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sorry to hear about the error installing. I'm checking into this error code now. Please stand by.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

There were reports of this same error code on earlier Windows releases related to a particular Windows KB update; however, I can't say whether that applies this instance under Windows 10. I escalated the issue to the Installation Developers and will let you know what I hear back.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200376557)

0 Kudos
Walt_Brainerd
Beginner

I tried it again and VS 2013 installed just fine.

Created and ran a solution. All looks good,

Blame it on the super moon (it either caused the problem of fixed it--not sure which)

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear that.

You are welcome to still bundle up the log files that I wrote to you about privately, or not. Our Install engineer will look at those so that we might gain an understanding of the error for any future repeat occurrences. You can respond to me privately if you wish to still share the logs. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Walt_Brainerd
Beginner

I didn't see any e-mail from you--not even in spam.

However, Users\waltb\Appdata does not exist, so I

don't know where the log file is.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I sent you a private Forum reply on 9/29 which would have sent you a Forum notification about a private message being sent. That message would contain a URL that directs you to that private reply. You can ignore that message since you succeeded in installing the VS 2013 shell. I just send you a second private reply so you can reply to that to share your installation logs with me.

I guess you are saying the Installer Logs location that you noted in your post #1 is now gone?  Maybe you included that since it was part of the error message.

The Appdata sometimes is Hidden so you may have to enable visibility of hidden items under File Explorer to be able to see it. Maybe that's the issue with not seeing it.

Let me know if you did not receive and indication about the private message being sent.

0 Kudos