Trying to install oneAPI base + HPC on a machine that has VS2019 Professional and VS2022 Professional on it. VS2019 had already got the old Intel XPE Fortran installed.
- I tried a straightforward install of base+HPC into the existing setup which failed with this message in the log file: "Product configuration is not finished successfully. Integration in IDE(s) might be in incomplete state or custom post-install/remove scripts might fail."
- I uninstalled XPE Fortran and base+HPC, rebooted, and tried installing base+HPC again: same result.
- I then uninstalled oneAPI base and HPC and uninstalled VS 2019. Rebooted a few times and reinstalled VS2019, then oneAPI base+HPC. I get the same error message.
Attached are the log files from oneAPI base and HPC installs.
Anyone seen anything like this?
VS 2019 is v16.9.14
oneAPI is latest 2021.4 downloaded yesterday
The latest VS 2019 is 16.11, I would move up to that one. What Windows are you running?
It works really well on all of my machines, (5) from three different manufacturers, so teh error in your log
Product configuration is not finished successfully. Integration in IDE(s) might be in incomplete state or custom post-install/remove scripts might fail.
strongly suggests the latest oneapi does not like your version of VS. When you install VS it should automatically update?
I'm running Win 10 Enterprise 10.0.19042
OK, here's what I tried...
- I uninstalled oneAPI base and HPC
- I updated VS2019 to 16.11.7
- I reinstalled oneAPI base and got the same error. Here are the last few lines of the log file:
12/08/2021 11:55:42:197 : 34728 : MESSAGE : Starting execution of operation 'complete.operation.intel.sessionmanifest.1638963444410611'.
12/08/2021 11:55:42:471 : 34728 : WARNING : Product configuration is not finished successfully. Integration in IDE(s) might be in incomplete state or custom post-install/remove scripts might fail.
Details: Error: Sequence execution failed.
12/08/2021 11:55:42:471 : 34728 : MESSAGE : Operation 'complete.operation.intel.sessionmanifest.1638963444410611' execution is finished with status SuccessWithFail.
12/08/2021 11:55:42:471 : 34728 : MESSAGE : Starting execution of operation 'update_state.operation.intel.sessionmanifest.1638963444410611'.
12/08/2021 11:55:42:509 : 34728 : MESSAGE : Operation 'update_state.operation.intel.sessionmanifest.1638963444410611' execution is finished with status Success.
12/08/2021 11:55:42:509 : 34728 : ERROR : Install sequence execution status: SuccessWithFail
- When I fire up VS2019 I don't have any Intel entries in VS2019 under 'Extensions'
I didn't try and reinstall HPC as I figure it's not going to work given that Base failed?
Is there some registry key I should edit/remove? This PC and VS2019 used to have XPE installed so I wonder if there's something left over from the XPE uninstall that's interfering with the oneAPI install?
Thanks for any assistance!
No, I don't think so...
- I naively assumed that VS2019/oneAPI should load existing vfproj files? It doesn't and I get the usual message about not understanding vfproj files that I'd see if I had no Fortran installed
- If I just load up a .for file I would expect colour syntax highlighting but I get nothing
- File->New Project doesn't list any Fortran options (again I'm assuming that oneAPI will behave similarly to XPE?)
Is there a definitive way to check that the integration worked?
I had this problem with Windows11 for a while, I know it is annoying, to overcome it, I just installed the last parallel studio and lived with that for a few weeks till the next windows update came along, and then it installed first time.
If it was me knowing the pain, just go back to an earlier version and see if it installs - if it does then wait for the two weeks till the new oneapi is out and use that.
oneapi 4 was a challenge in a product that is not usually a problem.
The cannot find the Fortran files is common with this error. You are wasting your time trying to fix it, just wait and live with the earlier version. Santa will be along soon.