Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28459 Discussions

problems with keyboard input - incharqq

trevor_d_
Beginner

I have just modified my settings to compile a  programme in x64 (Visual Studio 2008, professional; compiler v11.0.075.) and run it on Windows 10.

I have changed no code but now I can no longer interact with the program using the keyboard.

I have used incharqq() to test where the problem arrives and I have keyboard input until I create a dialog

retint = DlgModal( dlg )

Within the dialog, I can use the keyboard to enter data but when I exit using the following command

CALL dlgexit (dlg)

I lose the keyboard.

Icharqq() immediately after the DlgModal command no longer works.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I would guess the parent window of the dialog does not have focus after the dialog closes maybe? A mouse click might give is focus or call focusqq perhaps?

0 Kudos
trevor_d_
Beginner

Thank you,

I have verified that the window has focus and is the active window.

I should also add that I equally am unable to access the default menu items in the window (e.g. "File")

0 Kudos
trevor_d_
Beginner

Is it possible that this is in fact the same type of problem as with Windows 7. Under this OS, programmes sometimes refused to accept keyboard or mouse input and that was because of a conflict with TaskHost. Removing the process before running programs removed the problem. Has anyone found a similar problem with Windows 10?

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Hmm well if it doesn't accept character input and the menus are not clickable it is pretty unresponsive/dead!

Do you have interface checking on? If you have switched to X64 a common problem is that some Integer(4) now need integer(8) if they are a handle/address. Using integer(handle)  where handle is from "USE IFWIN" gets around that because the correct kind is always then used.

0 Kudos