Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26732 Discussions

procedure pointer as undefined variable

LRaim
New Contributor I

I have modified source code of dynamicload.f90 sample and I am debugging in VisualStudio 2015 update 3 professional. Intel Fortran compiler is parallel studio XE2016 update 4.
Relevant Code lines are:
=============================================
abstract interface
  subroutine METH00(iarg)
  integer :: iarg
  end subroutine METH00
end interface

! Declare a procedure pointer that will be used to call the function,
! based on the abstract interface declared above.
!procedure(USERFUNC_int), pointer :: USERFUNC
 procedure (METH00), pointer :: P_METH00

================================================
In the Quick watch dialog the variable P_METH00 results as an 'undefined variable'.
I take this opportunity to recall that variables passed in the ENTRY of a subroutine are similarly not visible in debugging.
This  last point has been a topic raised some time ago through premier support. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Please attach the whole of your modified example.

LRaim
New Contributor I

The problem can be viewed using the original intel sample.
​Attached is the image of the debug window and quick view dialog with the USERFUNC pointer undefined.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Ok - since you said you modified the code I wanted to make sure that I knew what code you were talking about. I can reproduce the issue. I am sure that one of the Intel folks will pick this up and send it on to the developers,

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you Luigi and Steve. I also reproduced this and escalated it to the Developers. I will post progress on a resolution as I learn it.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200418508)