Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

procedure pointer as undefined variable

LRaim
New Contributor I

I have modified source code of dynamicload.f90 sample and I am debugging in VisualStudio 2015 update 3 professional. Intel Fortran compiler is parallel studio XE2016 update 4.
Relevant Code lines are:
=============================================
abstract interface
  subroutine METH00(iarg)
  integer :: iarg
  end subroutine METH00
end interface

! Declare a procedure pointer that will be used to call the function,
! based on the abstract interface declared above.
!procedure(USERFUNC_int), pointer :: USERFUNC
 procedure (METH00), pointer :: P_METH00

================================================
In the Quick watch dialog the variable P_METH00 results as an 'undefined variable'.
I take this opportunity to recall that variables passed in the ENTRY of a subroutine are similarly not visible in debugging.
This  last point has been a topic raised some time ago through premier support. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please attach the whole of your modified example.

0 Kudos
LRaim
New Contributor I

The problem can be viewed using the original intel sample.
​Attached is the image of the debug window and quick view dialog with the USERFUNC pointer undefined.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Ok - since you said you modified the code I wanted to make sure that I knew what code you were talking about. I can reproduce the issue. I am sure that one of the Intel folks will pick this up and send it on to the developers,

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you Luigi and Steve. I also reproduced this and escalated it to the Developers. I will post progress on a resolution as I learn it.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200418508)

0 Kudos