Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26747 Discussions

project upgrade problem - icon resource snag

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

Original project is in visual studio 2010 and Intel Fortran and C++ Composer XE 2013.

Upgraded project is in visual studio 2019 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer, Fortran and C++.

Microsoft C++ is also appears in visual studio on both platforms.

When I opened the solution in VS2019 there was a message about upgrading something related to v100 or maybe vc100, I don't remember exactly.

One of the fortran projects in the Solution has a pair of files named icon1.ico and Script1.rc which evidently enable the fortran console program to display with a custom icon in Windows.  Script1.rc has #include "afxres.h".  On the original platform this file was at 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h

But it's missing on the system with XE 2020.  How do I fix this?

I found this developercommunity.visualstudio thread which leads to Tools/Get Tools and Features...  but it is not clear which items I am supposed to select.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Brian Murphy wrote:

.. One of the fortran projects in the Solution has a pair of files named icon1.ico and Script1.rc which evidently enable the fortran console program to display with a custom icon in Windows.  Script1.rc has #include "afxres.h".  On the original platform this file was at 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h

But it's missing on the system with XE 2020.  How do I fix this? ..

@Brian Murphy,

To keep things simple for now and into the future with what Microsoft might and can do, change the afxres.h references in your rc resources files to

#include "windows.h"