Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28367 Discussions

project upgrade problem - icon resource snag

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

Original project is in visual studio 2010 and Intel Fortran and C++ Composer XE 2013.

Upgraded project is in visual studio 2019 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer, Fortran and C++.

Microsoft C++ is also appears in visual studio on both platforms.

When I opened the solution in VS2019 there was a message about upgrading something related to v100 or maybe vc100, I don't remember exactly.

One of the fortran projects in the Solution has a pair of files named icon1.ico and Script1.rc which evidently enable the fortran console program to display with a custom icon in Windows.  Script1.rc has #include "afxres.h".  On the original platform this file was at 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h

But it's missing on the system with XE 2020.  How do I fix this?

I found this developercommunity.visualstudio thread which leads to Tools/Get Tools and Features...  but it is not clear which items I am supposed to select.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Brian Murphy wrote:

.. One of the fortran projects in the Solution has a pair of files named icon1.ico and Script1.rc which evidently enable the fortran console program to display with a custom icon in Windows.  Script1.rc has #include "afxres.h".  On the original platform this file was at 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h

But it's missing on the system with XE 2020.  How do I fix this? ..

@Brian Murphy,

To keep things simple for now and into the future with what Microsoft might and can do, change the afxres.h references in your rc resources files to

#include "windows.h"

0 Kudos