Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

quick or tool tips

twerth
Beginner
Hi,

in Visual C++ or Visual Basic there is a way to add tool tips to some controls in my application. I searched for a way to do the same in Compaq Visual Fortran. But I didn't notice a way to do it.

Does anybody know a way for adding quick or tool tips to my controls like radio and check buttons or text fields?

Thank you,
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Well, it's not so easy, to put it mildly. It was described here once, but I'm not sure if you'd want to do it (it requires a lot of Win32 tweaking).

The second best bet (and more in accordance with Windows UI standards) is to add context-sensitive help. My XFLOGM module enables you to connect context-sensitive (popup or window) help to X/DFLOGM-handled dialogs using DlgSetHelp routine. See also QWToolbar sample, which illustrates implementation of a toolbar with tooltips in a QuickWin application.

Jugoslav
0 Kudos
pcurtis
Beginner
Tooltips from F90 are no different, and no more difficult, than from C.

The attached code shows an example of adding a dynamic tooltip (ie, one whose message can be updated each time a mouseover invokes the tooltip) to a window. You can also associate tooltips with specific subregions of a window rather than an entire window.
0 Kudos
isn-removed200637
Paulcurtis, many thanks from another
interested programmer for the handy-looking code.
0 Kudos