Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

"Desktop development with C++"

Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

Aloha!  After a 1+ year hiatus, I am attempting to re-engage with FORTRAN and am starting by upgrading my compiler to IFX.  I am also upgrading to Visual Studio 2022 Community, which I understand to require "Desktop development with C++".  I've downloaded and installed VS.  How do I check whether I have the C++ component?  If I don't, where to I go to get it?  (The Microsoft web site wasn't particularly helpful.)

Thanks for your assistance!

-Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

When you install VS 2022, you get a screen that says pick the components, there is a component about 3 to 4 rows down that is C++ etc, make sure you pick that one.  See below,  instScreenshot 2024-04-07 104256.png

Installer modify to check.  I always take those four, just o be careful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

When you install VS 2022, you get a screen that says pick the components, there is a component about 3 to 4 rows down that is C++ etc, make sure you pick that one.  See below,  instScreenshot 2024-04-07 104256.png

Installer modify to check.  I always take those four, just o be careful.

Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

John,

Thanks again for your assistance.  Your initial response to me came as an e-mail without the embedded screen shot, but I was able to find and select the required component.  Now that I can see the screenshot, I know what other components you are recommending and will backtrack to download and install them, then reinstall my compiler.  But for now, I'm pretty much functional.

Mahalo, Mike

0 Kudos