Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28636 Discussions

raw newbie (sort of) needs help getting started with XCode

samiam01
Beginner
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me help my friend get going with using Fortran with XCode on the Mac.

I have lots of programming experience but little with XCode and non with Fortran. Back in the day, I did use MPW and Think C a lot. My friend, who is an older gentleman and primarily a scientist just knows Fortran and could get around MPW OK, but beyond that I would not call too technical at least in a computer oriented sense. He loves using the Mac though.

Anyway, he finally bought a new Mac because his G4 running MPW just was cutting it anymore wanted me to help get a Fortran environment on his Mac going. He had resisted doing this upgrade, because he new changing Fortran environments was going to be a huge huddle for him.

Anyway, I am trying help him out, but my own knowledge in these areas (XCode and Fortran) are limited. (I have done simple projects in C++ and Java using XCode, but it is by no means my primary dev environment.

I installed XCode, the Fortran compiler and the Math Libs. I poked around the document, but I don't see how to get started with a Fortran project in XCode.

So basically, I am looking for any pointers as I am not too sure where to go from here. I am sure if I new the first thing about Fortran this might be easier, but that's not the case. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Sorry for the bother and thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Sam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bonnie_A_Intel
Employee

Please seemy new posting today under the Hot Tips topic at the top of this Forum. Attached to the posting is a PDF of the tutorial for Getting Started using Intel Fortran Compiler on Mac OS * X.

0 Kudos
samiam01
Beginner
Thanks this looks promising.

S.
0 Kudos