Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

reinstall compilers

rgmayoral
Beginner
Hello, I'm trying to reinstall the C and fortran compilers. The problem is I deleted the instalation subfolders instead of running the uninstall script, and when I run ./install.sh I get the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux* 11.0 is already
installed.

If you want to reinstall the Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for
Linux* 11.0
please uninstall current version and run install script again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can I do so that install.sh does not see the compilers as installed?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - rgmayoral
Hello, I'm trying to reinstall the C and fortran compilers. The problem is I deleted the instalation subfolders instead of running the uninstall script

What can I do so that install.sh does not see the compilers as installed?

As root, run 'rpm -qa| grep intel'
look in particular for cpro installations of c, f, mkl, idb, ipp, tbb, lib

run
rpm -e --force cpro*.rpm
if you want to get rid of all the cpro entries from rpmdb.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee
The method to clear this condition depends on the type of installation you performed prior to just removing the compilers.

Did you perform a "root" or "non-root" installation initially?
0 Kudos
rgmayoral
Beginner
The method to clear this condition depends on the type of installation you performed prior to just removing the compilers.

My installation was "root". Anyway, uninstalling the rpm packages seems to have worked, I'm right now reinstalling. Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
ulya
Beginner

I end up in the same situation after a broken installation, this time non-root. Any clues?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Ron_Green
Quoting - ulya

I end up in the same situation after a broken installation, this time non-root. Any clues?

Thanks.

Ulya,

Look in your home directory. If there is an intel/ directory that you do not recognize or need remove it.
Also look under /tmp for any leftover files (logs, etc) from the last install.

ron
0 Kudos
ulya
Beginner
Quoting - ulya

Thanks.

Ulya,

Look in your home directory. If there is an intel/ directory that you do not recognize or need remove it.
Also look under /tmp for any leftover files (logs, etc) from the last install.

ron
Thanks, I was sloppy in cleaning these up.

The reason for my broken installation was mainly install.sh getting stuck when it comes to EULA. It was not accepting "accept" or "decline", just getting stuck in an infinite-loop constantly prompting for an answer. Since I was trying to install under a non-default directory - not $HOME - I tried to use silent-install as a quick hack. The script never returned (I just got a warning that the PSET_INSTALL_DIR exists), but installation some how took place (I did not test it assuming that it cannot be complete under these circumstances). uninstall_cproc.sh --default did not return after 3x "Working...", as well. This resulted in the broken uninstall...

The only directions I can think about in this case are (1) Checking license manager software or (2) Manually correcting INSTALL_DIR in rpms (I thought silence install would resolve this cleanly)... Actually I first encountered this EULA issue when trying to install the STM compiler. After struggling for a while I found a posting here pointing that C++ compiler represents a prerequisite for the STM compiler.
0 Kudos
ulya
Beginner
Quoting - ulya
Thanks, I was sloppy in cleaning these up.

The reason for my broken installation was mainly install.sh getting stuck when it comes to EULA. It was not accepting "accept" or "decline", just getting stuck in an infinite-loop constantly prompting for an answer. Since I was trying to install under a non-default directory - not $HOME - I tried to use silent-install as a quick hack. The script never returned (I just got a warning that the PSET_INSTALL_DIR exists), but installation some how took place (I did not test it assuming that it cannot be complete under these circumstances). uninstall_cproc.sh --default did not return after 3x "Working...", as well. This resulted in the broken uninstall...

The only directions I can think about in this case are (1) Checking license manager software or (2) Manually correcting INSTALL_DIR in rpms (I thought silence install would resolve this cleanly)... Actually I first encountered this EULA issue when trying to install the STM compiler. After struggling for a while I found a posting here pointing that C++ compiler represents a prerequisite for the STM compiler.
I am moving this under a STM related thread...
0 Kudos