Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

stack overflow

mrkelich
Beginner
Hi
I am obligated to run an old fortran program (fortran 77) and I meet to "stack overflow" and also "access violation" (depends on dimension or using additional subroutin) problem. How can I do in compaq visual fortran.
Thanx a lot.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
stack overflow is likely to be fixed by the standard /link /stack:nnnnnnnnn described in your CVF help.
I've become rusty on the CVF facilities for checking syntax errors, but it looks like you should be turning all of them on (subscript range check, uninitialized variables, consistent CALL arguments).
When people say "fortran 77" they often mean lots of non-standard stuff, not f77, but CVF does support the most usual extensions, some of them requiring appropriate USE headers.
0 Kudos
mrkelich
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
stack overflow is likely to be fixed by the standard /link /stack:nnnnnnnnn described in your CVF help.
I've become rusty on the CVF facilities for checking syntax errors, but it looks like you should be turning all of them on (subscript range check, uninitialized variables, consistent CALL arguments).
When people say "fortran 77" they often mean lots of non-standard stuff, not f77, but CVF does support the most usual extensions, some of them requiring appropriate USE headers.
Thank you very much.
I did it but, it is not suitable to solve the (21000*21000) matrix of a linear sysytem. I set in project setting/link/project option, command box:: /stack:4000000000 (the largest value which is possible) but it does not work.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
That matrix does look large enough that it may have to be declared ALLOCATABLE, also taking steps such as activating the /3GB boot option if using XP. Maybe it's time to consider 64-bit Windows and ifort.
0 Kudos