Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

teste.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

carneiro__fernando

I am using VS2017 and intel fortran to run a program.

I was able to run it, but the results weren't exactly what I was expecting.

When I tried to change the program a little bit to check some arrays, the program showed this error (has triggered a breakpoint).

It seems to me that the source of the bad results might have been because of some problems with lapack lib, and this may also be triggering the breakpoint (to use intel math kernel library I just enabled it at project properties > fortran > libraries > use math kernel library > sequential).

(to make it more clear, the error isn't a problem for me because I don't need the new lines that I added that triggered the error, but, I'd like to know if it is everything fine with my mkl, or if there is an error in my program that I haven't realized)

Here it is the message being displayed

'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\ferna\Documents\Mestrado\Dinâmica\Programa\testeFelipe3\teste\teste\x64\Debug\teste.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libifcoremdd.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libifportmd.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\mkl_sequential.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libmmdd.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\mkl_core.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbased.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libmmd.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libmmd.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libmmd.dll'
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\libimalloc.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\libimalloc.dll'
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\libimalloc.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\libimalloc.dll'
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\mkl_avx2.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'teste.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\redist\intel64_win\mkl\mkl_vml_avx2.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
Critical error detected c0000374
teste.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

The program '[16888] teste.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That c0000374 error indicates heap corruption - everything prior to that is informational and can be ignored. Something in your program has written in places it shouldn't. Intel Inspector XE (30 day trial available) can SOMETIMES detect this, but it struggles with Fortran, giving lots of false-positive complaints.

The first thing to do is to see where in your program this got reported. There is probably a console window behind the debugger window with a traceback that may give a source file and line number. Check the new lines you added very carefully and make sure you have specified arguments for array dimensions correctly.

0 Kudos