Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

the procedure entry point for_simd_random_number could not be located in the dynamic link library

emadnrz
Beginner

Hello, I cannot open my FORTRAN .exe file since I have a warning which says:

"the procedure entry point for_simd_random_number could not be located in the dynamic link library" 

I don't know that is relevant or not but I updated my windows 3 days ago. From that moment, I cannot run the .exe file. Can you please help me?

Thanks

emadnrz_0-1628263529591.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This entry point is found in libifcorert.dll, which is installed by the separate "Runtime Components" installer. Go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files , select Runtime Versions > Runtime Versions - Microsoft Windows > 2021.3 Release > Intel Fortran Compiler Runtime for Windows. Download and install that. 

If this does not correct the problem, look to see if there are old copies of libifcorert.dll on your system in places other than under Program Files (x86)\Common Files or Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI. If you find any not under one of these two paths, delete them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This entry point is found in libifcorert.dll, which is installed by the separate "Runtime Components" installer. Go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files , select Runtime Versions > Runtime Versions - Microsoft Windows > 2021.3 Release > Intel Fortran Compiler Runtime for Windows. Download and install that. 

If this does not correct the problem, look to see if there are old copies of libifcorert.dll on your system in places other than under Program Files (x86)\Common Files or Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI. If you find any not under one of these two paths, delete them.

emadnrz
Beginner

Hello Steve,

I found the file and install it. It is working now. Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day,

Emad

0 Kudos