Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

/traceback option when compiling UMATs

GeekVampi
Beginner
Hi,

I would like to trace the run time error when using the fortran subroutine UMAT with ABAQUS. I am getting occasional overflow...but I would like to trace it. I tried to compile UMAT with /traceback option. When I linked this with ABAQUS, I did not see any print when the overflow happened.

Any help is greatly appriciated. All I want is to get a detailed print when these run time errors happen.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
j_clausen
Beginner
Hi

When I encounter runtime errors I write intermediate results to unit number 6 or 7 (i.e. the .dat or .msg files) in order to track down the error.

J_Clausen
0 Kudos
GeekVampi
Beginner
I have already added write statements at several possible locations...but still no luck...
0 Kudos
abhimodak
New Contributor I
Perhaps using the IEEE_Exceptions module may help. See my post here (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=76037), for example.

Abhi
0 Kudos
Martyn_C_Intel
Employee
Hi,
You need to unmask overflow exceptions. Then /traceback should give you a traceback from the first exception. The simplest way to do this is with /fpe0. ( or go to floating point / floating-point exception handling in the IDE). However, this also unmasksdivide-by-zero and floating invalid [such as asin(2.) or sqrt(-1.)] exceptions. The previous respondent is correct that you could do this more specifically by using the functions in the IEEE_EXCEPTIONS module of Fortran 2003. There's also an older RTL routine called FOR_SET_FPE.

For additional information, see the Fortran Compiler User Guide, under Sample Programs and Traceback Information, Using Traceback... and the /fpe and /traceback switches.
0 Kudos