Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

variables value not showing while debugging openAPI fortran on VS Community 2019

rajupdl6
Novice

I am running fortran code from last 3-4 years using intel fortran student version with visual studio. My compiler parallel XE 2020 student version has expired last week and now there is oneAPI system for intel compiler. 

Here is what i did for installation ...

1) First uninstall visual studio and then install visual studio community 2019 

2) Then I install oneAPI base tool kit

3) Then I install oneAPI HPC toolkit ...

The compier then integrate on visual studio ...while I compile it compiles well ..as in screenshot

But when I debug it ....the compiler works but donot show the value of variables on debug.. I screen shot it here too..

As I see the intel community there is uninstall and intall basekit tool,HPC VS will solve unfortunately it did not work...

I always intall first VS then compilers and uninstall it..

I am looking forward of your help..it really trouble me from last week. Thank you 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rajupdl6
Novice

@Steve_Lionel 

After intalling and uninstalling many times now the problem has SOLVED about debugging value not showing. but did not know about the cause.. successful screenshot with local window in debugger is attached here..thank you!

Capture5.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This looks to me as if the Fortran debugging support isn't installed. When you installed the Base toolkit, did you select "Intel Distribution for GDB"? For now, that's where the VS debugging support is (supposedly this will change in a future update.) 

Go back to the Base Toolkit installer and make sure that is selected.

0 Kudos
rajupdl6
Novice

@Steve_Lionel 

I selected GDB tool too on basekit .....I have attach screenshot here...

In HPC all thing i selected ...still not solve issue ...

I install and uninstall mor than 5-6 timesCapture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please show a screenshot of the Locals window in the debugger.

0 Kudos
rajupdl6
Novice

@Steve_Lionel   

Sorry for late reply ...

When I uninstall and reinstall base and hpc toolkit compiling has no issuse show

Compiling with Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic 2021.1.1 [Intel(R) 64]...
Console12.f90

but  ...i got error while running program now 

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The Intel(R) Librarian (xilink.exe) could not be found.

previously also this error came then i uninstall and install the toolkit and vs now it again reappears ...

How to solve it...

Capture4.PNG

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

xilink is used in the link step of application building. I'm not sure how that would be missing but everything else was there. It is not used when running an application.

Just to verify, you have installed VS2019 with "Desktop Development with C++" selected? See Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 for Use with Intel® Compilers

I would be interested in having you do a Rebuild of the solution, then put the buildlog.htm from the Debug folder into a Zip file and attach the Zip to a reply here.

0 Kudos
rajupdl6
Novice

Yes, I have installed VS2019 with "Desktop Development with C++" ..now I can not see the debug file ...

but i have previous case debuge folder is there and i attaced build.html in zip format herewith....

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That log shows a normal, successful build. I was trying to help with the xilink issue.

0 Kudos
rajupdl6
Novice

@Steve_Lionel 

Now the problem of xlink has removed the main problem is did not show the value while debugging. I attached the buildlog file for latest version.....

could you suggest me what is the exact cause not showing values while debugging....

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I asked for a screenshot of the Locals window in the debugger. Please attach one.

0 Kudos
rajupdl6
Novice

@Steve_Lionel 

After intalling and uninstalling many times now the problem has SOLVED about debugging value not showing. but did not know about the cause.. successful screenshot with local window in debugger is attached here..thank you!

Capture5.PNG

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III