Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

vs2010 shell crash, text editor settings

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

I am using , Intel(R) Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 Update 3 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010, 13.0.3624.2010, Copyright (C) 2002-2013 Intel Corporation.

Looking at a new  OPEN GL project and adding certain existing source files  causes VS to crash and burn. Reading some other posts if I set:

Tools > Options > Text Editor > Fortran > Advanced and set Disable Database to True. AND also turn of "enable outlining" it does not crash.

I have attached a sample. I really like outlining :-( is there a fix? I suspect changeing a line or two in the source might make the problem go away.

I have attached a sample file

0 Kudos
12 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Slight correction the work around above worked with adding the problem files to the project. But in the particular case of the file attached, I still cannot open it in a vs edit window without a crash. The file opens, displays and then after a short delay we crash and burn. I can edit in notepad externally OK.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>causes VS to crash and burn.>>>

What do you mean by writing burn ?

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Just and expression  for terminate in and undesirable way abit bit like crashing a plane full of fuel :-(

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Ok I got it too seriously:)

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

It is doing my head in! I am working and the project In VS  and every time I want to reffer to the interface and click on one of the affected files (rather then viewing in notepad externally). Bang exit , no saves :-(

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I can reproduce this - thanks.  We've had several other similar issues. We'll fix it as soon as we can. In the meantime, you'll need to disable the advanced options. Issue ID is DPD200245401.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

which ones? All false except disable database which is true

"I have already done Tools > Options > Text Editor > Fortran > Advanced and set Disable Database to True. AND also turn of "enable outlining" 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The developers tell me they have fixed this problem for the next update.  A workaround:

Find the following line
TYPE(C_PTR), BIND(C), PUBLIC, PROTECTED :: GLUT_STROKE_ROMAN,        &
and change it to
TYPE(C_PTR), PUBLIC, PROTECTED, BIND(C) :: GLUT_STROKE_ROMAN,        &

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

@steve I see a large amount of mangled html in your post, whatever you cut n pasted does not quite work....

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I edited it.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

@steve your post is gone and I now have a legible post... I will try that.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Thanks, you don't know how much that help!

0 Kudos