Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

warning #10121: overriding '/Qvc8' with '/Qvc9'

criga
Beginner

I'm compiling with Intel Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, 10.1.3440.2008 and keep getting the following warning:
warning #10121: overriding '/Qvc8' with '/Qvc9'

Can someone briefly explain, what the reason is?

Thanks Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

When multiple versions of Visual Studio are detected during the IVF installation, the user is queried to select which Visual Studio the IVF command-line interface should be associated with. That decision determines the default setting for the /Qvc option. The warning indicates IVF 10.1 on your system is associated with VS2005 (vc8), however, because you are now using VS2008, the warning simply informs you the compilation is overriding the default (/Qvc8) and using VS2008 (/Qvc9) instead. It is really more "informative" than it is a "warning".

0 Kudos
criga
Beginner
I had VS2005 installed when I installed IVF, and upgrated later to VS2008, so all this makes sense. Is there a way though to change that default assaciation (from vc8 to vc9)?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Simplest way is to reinstall the compiler.

Less simple way is to edit ifortvars.bat and ifort.cfg in the compiler "bin" folder to use the path to VS2009 and to change /Qvc8 to /Qvc9 (in ifort.cfg)

0 Kudos
criga
Beginner
Thanks Steve.
That wasn't all that difficult either.
I changed
VSINSTALLDIR to my VS9.0 path (in em64tbin and IA32Bin)
'/Qvc8' to '/Qvc9' (in em64tbin and IA32Bin)
and the path in -Qlocation,link,...(in IA32Bin only)
and the warning is gone ;-)
0 Kudos