I have had a similar issue. This was in the log file:
[0000123c] 11:03:32:843 | INFO | INTERCEPTOR | InterceptorDll.cpp:68 | GPA shim DLL attached.
[0000123c] 11:03:33:318 | INFO | CAPTURE | ShimMgt\CaptureManager.cpp:775 | D3D9 device 80E2500 created
 11:04:07:519 | INFO | INTERCEPTOR | ShimMgt\CaptureManager.cpp:3048 | Initializing Metrics Pipeline: ok
 11:04:19:003 | INFO | CAPTURE | ShimMgt\CaptureManager.cpp:852 | Start capture
 11:04:19:195 | INFO | CAPTURE | ShimMgt\CaptureManager.cpp:3890 | Capture message: [StreamSurfaceDX9::Prepare] Failed to capture a surface [StreamSurfaceToolDX9::CaptureData] Failed [CaptureNormalRenderTarget] Failed to create a surface, hr = -2147024882 [wh(8192x8192),fmt(114),u(1),p(0),ms(0,0)]
I'm guessing that the WidthxHeight of 8192x8192 is too large.
What ways can I change this? my actual render target isn't this large I'm pretty sure.
This is the configuration for my Graphics Monitor:
Windows 7 build 7601, 64-bit DEP enabled
Num Processors: 8
System BIOS: Dell Inc. A08 (09/01/2014)
Device: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Provider: Intel Corporation
Supports GPA Instrumentation
Install directory: C:\Intel\INDE\GPA 220.127.116.11800\
Current user is in Administrators group: YES
Current Graphics Performance Analyzers 2014 R3 (14.3.232800)
Secure Boot/Trusted Boot is Disabled
I hope you can help :)
First of all, this is a bit different error than the original thread, so I've created a new thread on this.
Sorry that you are running into this issue. Unfortunately, it'll be pretty hard for us to duplicate this without having access to the app -- is it possible to make this available to us? In parallel I'll do some checking with the development team.
I'm afraid I can't handover the source but I did find a way to get around the issue.
The problem was that I was creating a Texture that was 8192x8192 and for some reason the Graphics Monitor cannot create Images that are that large.
pd3dDevice->CreateTexture( 8192, 8192, 1, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_R32F, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &GetDepthTex(), NULL )
There is the full function call in case it is anything to do with the parameters.
Thanks for taking a look.
Thanks for letting me know that the problem is the size of the texture, and not something else. I'll still file a defect on this, and see what the Development Team is able to do, if anything.
Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help.
PS-> Also, for future problems, I wouldn't need access to the source code, just the binaries (we trap the DX calls, and this is really all we need).