Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

Driver Update Utility for 64 bit win 10 needing 32 bit .dll to install?

dragon_e_
Beginner

seems the installer has an issue when installing 15.33.38.64.4252 driver the installation fails because its looking to uninstall at start point, shaders in igdumdim32.dll which don't exist in the win 32 folder with igdimdum64.dll.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hello, 

This is a very driver related question, so I may have to move your question to the driver team forum.  But, let's give this fix a try:

Uninstall existing drivers via Device manager until you see the Microsoft Basic Graphics Adaptor, you will have to reboot between each uninstall.  Then, instead of running the script to install the graphics driver, try using Device Manager update to find the directory and install the driver that way.  

Let me know if this does not solve your issue and I point you in the right direction.  

Best,

Seth

0 Kudos
dragon_e_
Beginner

i cheated a bit. I downloaded the 32 bit dll and added it to the directory then ran the install. by all evidence it corrected the error and allowed the install. has it installed correctly? not sure but the problems associated with the original drivers have stopped.

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

I'm glad your issues have stopped.   There may be a performance difference using the 32 bit library, but if it's working for you that's great.  If you run into any other issues regarding the drivers I can get a drivers expert to help you.   

Best,
Seth

0 Kudos
dragon_e_
Beginner

I added the 32 bit library to allow the installer to complete uninstalling the shaders it was searching for. in the wrong library (non existent).

I did not remove the 64 bit .dll so and this is a guess I hope the drivers which installed were in fact using the 64 bit dll.

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Oh okay, I better understand now.   As long as you installed the 64 bit drivers successfully, everything should be fine. 

0 Kudos