Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Error launching Intel GPA Frame Analyzer

Newdok
Beginner

I'm not 100% sure this is the correct place to post a bug report, but the crash tool said to submit the bug report at http://www.intel.com/software/gpa and there was no obvious bug reporting link there, so I'm posting it here.

I wanted to try and use the GPA tools to try and improve the perfromance of an indie game I'm working on with my levovo laptop, but when I go to launch the Intel GPA Frame Analyzer tool, it crashes while opening the tool.

I've attached the crash report file. (I had to rename it .txt because the forum software disliked the .xml extension)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Sorry that you're running into this problem.

Does Intel GPA Frame Analyzer crash before you have a chance to even specify the frame capture file, or does it crash while loading a specific frame capture file?

Also, do you have another system available for testing? This is an older graphics system, and I've seen some issues with Intel GPA on this particular platform.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

I did some checking and like I suspected this is one of the problems that occurs only on some older Intel Processor Graphics systems (such as yours). The good news is that version 2012 R4 should work ok, and I can get you a version of the older release to try if you want. So please let me know if this older version is ok for you to use until a new version of the product is released that fixes this issue.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Newdok
Beginner

Neal, thanks for the response,

It happens immediately when I launch the program before I have a chance to do anything. I currently don't have another system to open the files on as my main development machine is going in for warranty service. And I would very much be interested in getting a copy of that older working build if its not too much trouble.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

I'll be sending you a private message with a link to the older version of Intel GPA.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Glad to hear that the older version of Intel GPA works for you!

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Just checking -- does Intel GPA 2013 R1 work for you?

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos