Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Frame Analyzer doesn't support DX11.1 annotation blocks

Balazs_T_
Beginner

Hi,

I see that the frame analyzer supports the old DX9 way of perf blocks but it seems like it doesn't support the new DX11.1 way.

Using the old ones requires including the dx9 headers which I'm trying to avoid and so I'm using the new ID3DUserDefinedAnnotation interface.

Is there any chance to support this in the Frame Analyzer?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

At this time Intel GPA does not support the DirectX* 11.1 API. We are aware of this limitation, and are considering adding full DX11.1 support in a future version of the product.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
parky37
Beginner

I'd like to add that markers are scrambled with the old D3DPERF functions when using deferred contexts. Windows PIX had the same issue, and it was resolved by switching to the new ID3DUserDefinedAnnotation-style markers. We're currently working around it by using our immediate-context-only mode for GPU performance captures, but it is a pain to make two separate builds for collecting CPU and GPU timings.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

I forgot to close the loop on this -- thanks for the additional information. I've added this to the enhancement request that I've made to the development team.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Benoît_Vimont
Beginner

Hi,

+1 for this feature! I would be so nice to be able to put markers this way when using deferred contexts. Do you have an ETA for that feature?

Thanks,
Benoit. 

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Let me check on this request.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos