Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
488 Discussions

GPA 2.0: Get unexpected error while trying to capture frame in MS FSX SP2

bogdang_sv
Beginner
Frame analyzer is crashing during openning ofa captured file.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - bogdang_sv

Hi Neal,
Could you please revelal the date of the next release for GPA.

Thanks

Hello,

It's available now... see this article. Please let us know whether this new version resolves your issue (but note that you'll have to regenerate your frame capture file, as 2.1 files cannot be read by 2.2).

Regards,

Neal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - bogdang_sv

Hello,

Thanks for using this forum to notify us about the problem that you have encountered. I need a little more information before being able to proceed on understanding the nature of the problem:

1) Would you be able to upload a copy of the frame capture file that is causing the problem?

2) Can you verify that your graphics device driver is up-to-date?

3) Do you have any other capture files that you created from the game? Do all of them fail with the same error, or is this the only one?

4) Also, have you been able to reproduce the problem on a system using Intel Integrated Graphics (such as on systems with the Intel G45 Express Chipset or the Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards,

Nea;

0 Kudos
bogdang_sv
Beginner
Quoting - bogdang_sv

The graphics drivers are the NVIDIA latest.
The crash log file been attached to the previous message. I have 8700M GT with SLI (SLI disabled). Crashes with SLI enabled too. Capturing was working fine with MS FSX demo. I've attached captured image. The crash is reprodusable 100% with MS FSX.
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Thanks for the info... let me look at the capture file to see if this helps us understand what issue you are encountering.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

I just checked with the development team, and they indicated that this is a known problem which they believe has been fixed in the latest non-released version of the tool.

Please let me know whether this issue severely impacts your current work, and if so I can look into what options might exist for you.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
bogdang_sv
Beginner
Quoting - Neal P (Intel)
Thanks for the info... let me look at the capture file to see if this helps us understand what issue you are encountering.

Regards,

Neal

Thanks for the info,
The issue isn't so critical, I've created a work around for it.
0 Kudos
bogdang_sv
Beginner
Quoting - Neal P (Intel)

Regards,

Neal

Hi Neal,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - bogdang_sv

Hi Neal,

Thanks

Hello,

It's available now... see this article. Please let us know whether this new version resolves your issue (but note that you'll have to regenerate your frame capture file, as 2.1 files cannot be read by 2.2).

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos