Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
488 Discussions

GPA 2.1: Receive "cannot connect" error message when using GPA Capture Tool

Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
[NOTE: This is being submitted on behalf of Arif Widasa, who posted this as a comment to a GPA Knowledge Base Article.]

Hello,

I get the following error message when attempting to run GPA:

-
Intel GPA Error Report - Please report this error at http://www.intel.com/software/gpa
;
There is no connection
-
Socket connect error: WSAECONNREFUSED Connection refused

-
Windows XP Home Edition, 32-bit DEP disabled Num Processors: 2 Memory: 1015MB Driver 0: Device: Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family Provider: Intel Corporation Date: 2-15-2008 Version: 6.14.10.4926 VendorId: 8086 ProductId: 27a6 Stepping: 3 No support for GPA Instrumentation Driver 1: Device: Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family Provider: Intel Corporation Date: 2-15-2008 Version: 6.14.10.4926 VendorId: 8086 ProductId: 27ae Stepping: 3 No support for GPA Instrumentation GPA install directory: C:Program FilesIntelGPA v2.1 GPA version: 2.1.74801 (2.1.1.9265)

-

-
Socket connect error: WSAECONNREFUSED Connection refused

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

From information that you sent us separately via email, it appears that you are using Avira, and anti-virus and firewall program.

As you probably already realize, the GPA Capture Tool and the GPA Remote Server communicate via a network port (27106). Also, realize that you must run the GPA Remote Server even if you are running both GPA and your game on a single system.

We've seen similar issues with Microsoft OneCare* (another anti-virus and firewall utility), so I suspect that the firewall capabilities of Avira are blocking your access to the GPA server. Therefore, please disable Avira (and any other anti-virus and/or firewall utilties), then rerun the GPA Server and the GPA Capture Tool and let us know what you find.

There's an technical note discussing Microsoft OneCare* which can be found here.

Thanks!

Neal

* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Any update on the status of this issue?

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
morkelkey
Beginner
Quoting - Neal P (Intel)
Hello,

Any update on the status of this issue?

Regards,

Neal

Hi Neal,
I will waiting for the update. You have any other information about update issue then please share it.
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - morkelkey

Hi Neal,
I will waiting for the update. You have any other information about update issue then please share it.

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I am not sure that I understand from your post what you are looking for.

The person who posted the original problem reported that he could not connect to the GPA Remote Server, and I provided a couple of reasons why one might receive this message, along with suggestions for how to resolve the problem. That person never replied, so I don't know if my suggestions helped fix the problem, or whether the problem still remains.

If you are receiving a "cannot connect" error message, you can try the suggestions that I provided as well. If these suggestions do not help, please refer to this post for the information you need to provide before I can look into the question/issue that you have (this information provides all of the key system settings that can impact how GPA works).

Thanks!

Neal
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

I've not heard anything more on this topic, so I'll assume that this is no longer an issue (but if the problem does re-occur, please let us know!).

Thanks,

Neal

ps-> by the way, in GPA 2.2 the GPA Remote Server has been renamed to GPA Monitor, and by default GPA Monitor will restart whenever the system reboots; also, you can perform a frame capture through the use of a "hot key" (so the GPA Capture utility capabilities are now bundled into GPA Monitor)
0 Kudos