Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA Platform Analyzer Traces are missing!

Joshua_G_
Beginner

Hi There,

I am having trouble viewing traces generated by GPA. Everything was working perfectly yesterday, so I assume something has happened in my configuration, or code base that has stopped it working.

Basically, I am running the application using the Analyse application dialog. I get into the menu, then use Ctrl-Shift-T to trigger a dump of the trace.
The trace file says it writes successfully, and successfully opens in the Platform analyser. But none of the tasks that my code has marked up are visible. Only draw calls and presents are visible.

I have looked at the preferences for GPA monitor, and tracing is not disabled.

The profile selected in Analyse Application has the correct trace domain selected.

What could cause this information to dissapear?

Thanks

Josh 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Do any of the Intel GPA samples work ok? There are some ITT samples located here: C:\Program Files\Intel\GPA\2012 R5\sdk\ITT\samples\

Also, please right-click the Intel GPA monitor and copy the "About..." info here.

thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

In Intel GPA Platform Analyzer, can you be sure that you've "reset layout", then specifically enabled "show subtasks", "show markers", "show task aggregates", and "enable all tracks". I just want to make sure that if the data is there it's not being "hidden" somehow.

thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos