Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA stream mode lack geometry info

zczh
Beginner

Hi,

I try to use steam mode, but the result lack geometry info. Is this a bug?

1. Frame Capture:

zczh_0-1662177760170.pngzczh_1-1662177843811.png

2. Stream Capture:

zczh_2-1662177941741.pngzczh_3-1662178031424.png

Here some of my system details info.

Operating System:
Name: Windows 10 Version 2009 (OS Build 19043.1889)
Locale: zh-CN
Secure Boot/Trusted Boot is disabled

CPU Information:
Name: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700KF @ 3.60
Architecture: x64
Cores count: 16

System BIOS:
Version: American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.20
Date: 06/18/2021

GPU Information:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Vendor id: 0x10DE
Product id: 0x2487
Stepping: 161
Driver Version: 31.0.15.1659
Driver Date: 6-23-2022

Machine:
Name: DESKTOP-UEIQTUD
Memory: 32649 MB
Screen: 1920x1200, 32 bit

Graphics Performance Analyzers:
Version: 22.2.1654744802
Commit hash: d1ceada8
Installation folder: D:\Program Files\IntelSWTools\GPA\

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

zczh - I'm pretty sure it's because you are trying to play back on NVIDIA. Capturing on NVIDIA is fine. We work hard to try to make GPA work on all GPUs (no promises), but if you play back (meaning open the frame) on NVIDIA you won't see all the data because we don't code for NVIDIA architecture.

So, the capture collects the API calls, that's why it's usually okay to capture on any GPU. But you have to play back on an Intel GPU to get all the data. So if you are running on an Intel processor, there is almost always an integrated GPU. So after opening GPAs Graphics Frame Analyzer, but before opening the frame you want to analyze, in the top right LEFT corner of GFA, click on the name of the GPU. That will open a dropdown of the GPU options on your platform. Choose an Intel GPU. Even HD or UHD. The framerate and ms/us per op might look atrocious, but the analysis is almost identical. If you are using DXR without a discrete Intel GPU, you may not get full support - we are working on that - making GPA better with other platforms' DXR implementations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pamela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pamela_H_Intel

zczh - I'm pretty sure it's because you are trying to play back on NVIDIA. Capturing on NVIDIA is fine. We work hard to try to make GPA work on all GPUs (no promises), but if you play back (meaning open the frame) on NVIDIA you won't see all the data because we don't code for NVIDIA architecture.

So, the capture collects the API calls, that's why it's usually okay to capture on any GPU. But you have to play back on an Intel GPU to get all the data. So if you are running on an Intel processor, there is almost always an integrated GPU. So after opening GPAs Graphics Frame Analyzer, but before opening the frame you want to analyze, in the top right LEFT corner of GFA, click on the name of the GPU. That will open a dropdown of the GPU options on your platform. Choose an Intel GPU. Even HD or UHD. The framerate and ms/us per op might look atrocious, but the analysis is almost identical. If you are using DXR without a discrete Intel GPU, you may not get full support - we are working on that - making GPA better with other platforms' DXR implementations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pamela

0 Kudos