Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPAServer.exe nonstop crashing

shoxie
Beginner

As soon as Graphics Monitor is started it says the Server has crashed, crash logs keep generating nonstop. Attached one of them below:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Are you new to GPA? Is this the first time you've used it? I ask because sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling makes things work.

Do you have plenty of RAM and Hard Disk space? From the log, it looks like there may be an allocation issue, which could indicate a memory issue.

Also, which version of GPA are you using? 2020.3 is the newest.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

My apologies. You are not new to GPA.

Did you change something before the GPAServer.exe started crashing? Like install the latest release - 2020.3?

Try:

• before starting GPA, check your task manager - if there are any instances of the GPAServer.exe running, kill them. (Maybe something got stuck. Though restarting your machine should take care of this too.) In fact, don't just check the applications, check the processes and make sure there aren't any gpa processes running.
  • another thought . . . I used to work with an android emulator (not with GPA) and the OS failed to clear its processes *all* *the* *time*. I don't know if that still happens, but check for adb processes (Android Debug Bridge). If those hang around after they are supposed to go away, you can get EPERM (operation not allowed) errors which could affect other apps.
0 Kudos