I have been trying to launch Rainbow Six Siege through GPA for a few hours now to no success. While i was downloading the game I was able to collect some data but now i am unable to have the GPA appear at all. Once i click on the start option it launches the game before stopping and allowing for the game to continue launching. Is there any way i am able to fix this?
Flynn - do you launch Rainbow Six Siege through a client (Steam, Blizzard, etc.)? If so, you need to inject GPA into the client, not into your game, and then launch the game while GPA is injected into your client.
The instructions vary depending on your OS and whether you are using GPA via command line or the GPA tool suite. Here are a couple of options:
- Windows host using Steam: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/gpa-user-guide-for-windows-host/top/analyzing-desktop-api-graphics-applications/starting-application-analysis/launching-steam-applications.html
- macOS host, Metal: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/gpa-user-guide-for-macos-host/top/analyzing-metal-applications/starting-application-analysis-1/launching-an-application-using-command-line.html
If neither of these scenarios fits and you are using a launcher, cruise through our Developer Guide to find your configuration.
Oh - there it is - in the title - Uplay . . .
- Make sure the client application is closed fully before starting your capture in Graphics Monitor
- Select the client (Uplay) executable and folder location of the executable in Graphics Monitor
- Press the start button which will start the capture
- Launch your game through the client and GPA should be injected into the application.
I tried hooking gpa to steam and when i start it, it doesn't hook. It just launches steam normally
anyway i followed to the next step -running the game (rust) and still, GPA doesn't hook .
PS : the game rust has two executables
1: RustClient.exe which is what steam executes to launch the game
2: Rust.exe which GPA hooks to but it doesn't allow me to join a world becuase it launches the game without EasyAntiCheat
GPA is up to date
EDIT : update the previous version of intel gpa worked with Rust.exe but the latest version doesn't hook to it
EDIT.2 : i meant the opposite with the exe (Rustclient.exe)<-->(Rust.exe)
Did you follow these instructions:
Okay, I will check with the developers next week to see if there is a known issue for applications with 2 executables and/or if there is a fix or a workaround.
Meanwhile, you could try with last week's release (2020.3) if you haven't yet, though I don't think the hooking would be different.
GPA is up to date.
still it doesn't hook. I forgot to add something in the last reply, GPA didn't look like it hooked to steam, because i couldn't see GPA's GUI.
I tried capturing a frame in steam but i couldn't see the frame in the analyzer.
Also, switching on steam's Big Picture mode crashes steam, if i started steam from GPA.
If it's possible, could i force an .exe to have GPA hooked to it when it gets automatically launched by a either a launcher or myself.
Perhaps writing something in the launch arguments or hooking a dll manually.
And are there any logs in the software? maybe i could find the problem there.
Thanks in advance
We tried it ourselves. GPA successfully injects into Steam, our HUD is not shown there because Steam.exe does not use DirectX for its own rendering, so this is expected behavior.
Rust uses Easy Anti Cheat protection which prevents GPA from injection. You would need to ask Facepunch Studios or Steam - whichever company owns the rights now - for an unprotected version in order to use it with Intel(r) GPA.