Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
496 Discussions

Graphics Monitor/gpu-injector fails to spawn Chrome

Katya
Beginner

Hello! 

I have a WebGPU-based app, which I'd like to profile with Intel GPA. Running it with Chrome browser is critical to me. Unfortunately neither gui or command line interface works: graphics one just silently interrupts the execution and the command line logs are not informative. See the screenshot and the command line output attached.

PS C:\Program Files\IntelSWTools\GPA Framework\23.1\bin\Release> .\gpa-injector.exe -t 'C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe' --layer api-debug -w 'C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome SxS\Application' -v --log-level debug -- --no-sandbox
[GPA] I 1732 Waiting for injector to exit...
[GPA] I 1732 Waiting for process to exit...

Please, guide me through the possible solutions.

Best,
Katya.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Katya - we knew of a bug - getting stuck in the injector with Chrome 109, but the fix went into our main line right after release. Are you using 109?

Pamela

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Katya - the developer who was working on the bug took a look at your command line and suggested you refer to the Chromium GPA page:

https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:docs/gpu/profiling_chromium_with_Intel_GPA.md?q=gpu%20gpa%20md&ss=chromium

Your command line is not precisely correct.

Try that and let me know if it works.

Pamela

0 Kudos