Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
496 Discussions

How to Install Older Versions of Intel GPA (DirectX 9 Support)

AdamLomax
Beginner

Hi,

I made a support ticket but was told to make a query here by the support team.

I used Intel GPA quite often to profile DirectX 9 titles. However, with the most recent update (2024.1) DirectX 9 support has been discontinued.

It seems that even if I uninstall the most modern version of Intel GPA and use an old intaller I have from the previous version - where DirectX 9 support works - it simply seems to intall the most recent version again.

Is there a way to install the previous version of the software? I understand that DirectX 9 is extremely outdated now, but Intel GPA was the most useful software for my specific use case and it would be a shame to lose the ability to profile DirectX 9 titles entirely - since no other software exists that does what GPA does.

Cheers,

Adam

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sentientSpark_Intel

Hi AdamLomax,

Thank you for your post, and thank you for using GPA! Although we don't support DirectX 9 streams anymore as of the 2024.1 release, we have been given approval to share the 2023.4 Release (which has support for DirectX 9 capture and playback) to allow users to continue to profile Direct3D 9 titles. You will find it using the Dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bvbr1b00443muibgbl6u6/gpa_23.4.1702630016_release-external_x64_standalone.msi?rlkey=0fg09zitn906qcwbovpknf3vm&st=wg9wra4p&dl=0

You can check if the correct version is installed by selecting the Information icon on the top right and reading the version information from the resulting pop-up, as shown below.

sentientSpark_Intel_1-1717005610646.png

I hope this version proves useful for your DirectX 9 analysis needs. If you run into any issues, please let us know!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sentientSpark_Intel

Hi AdamLomax,

Thank you for your post, and thank you for using GPA! Although we don't support DirectX 9 streams anymore as of the 2024.1 release, we have been given approval to share the 2023.4 Release (which has support for DirectX 9 capture and playback) to allow users to continue to profile Direct3D 9 titles. You will find it using the Dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bvbr1b00443muibgbl6u6/gpa_23.4.1702630016_release-external_x64_standalone.msi?rlkey=0fg09zitn906qcwbovpknf3vm&st=wg9wra4p&dl=0

You can check if the correct version is installed by selecting the Information icon on the top right and reading the version information from the resulting pop-up, as shown below.

sentientSpark_Intel_1-1717005610646.png

I hope this version proves useful for your DirectX 9 analysis needs. If you run into any issues, please let us know!

AdamLomax
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you so much for the response!

This is perfect, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
sentientSpark_Intel

You are welcome!

I'm happy to hear it helped. Let us know if you have any more questions regarding Intel GPA for your profiling needs!

Best,

SentientSpark

0 Kudos