Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

How to let system analyzer automatically export CSV files

Yue_H_Intel
Employee

We are using GPA System Analyzer to study dynamic metrics (e.g., GPU Busy) and export them into a CSV file. After workload start to run, we manually click "CSV" button to start export. Because of this manual process, metrics for the first two or three seconds cannot be exported. What is the BMK to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ryan_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Yue,

To start a CSV collection automatically when the program starts you can utilize the 'gpa_console_client' command.

More info about that can be found here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/597273

0 Kudos
Yue_H_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your response. Looks like this console client is for analyzing applications inside Android devices. It might not work to us since we are analyzing applications on Windows platform. Is there BKM for Windows platform?

0 Kudos
Ryan_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Yue,

I see.  Yes, gpa_console_client is for Android devices, unfortunately we do not have this tool available for Windows.

What I can suggest is to set up the metrics you wish to capture ahead of time in System Analyzer for your process.  You can leave the process list view of SA open for the machine you are monitoring while you manually start your process.  When you see the process populate in the list you can manually click on it to connect and quickly click the CSV button.

System Analyzer will start monitoring a process with the last set of metrics viewed already displayed.  Hopefully, this will save a few seconds.

0 Kudos
Yue_H_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try that out.

0 Kudos