Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Intel GPA issues when running on small memory system configuration

Alamin_S_
Beginner
When i am opening the intel gpa system analyzer it says "failed creating the direct3d device" please help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Yes, you don't have a supported system configuration, which probably explains the problems you are seeing.

Regards,

Neal

From the product's release notes:

System Requirements and Supported Platforms

Minimum requirements for client systems used to analyze Windows* OS or Android* workloads are: Intel® Core™ Processor with a minimum of 2GB of memory. At least 4GB of memory is highly recommended. To do frame profiling you need a Windows* 64-bit OS installed.

• Client Processor: Intel® Core™ Processor
  • Target Processor: 1.6GHz
  • System Memory: 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
  • Video Memory: 512MB RAM
  • Minimum resolution: 1280x1024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Before I can help, I'll need a bit more information on this problem.

First of all, can you please right-click the Intel GPA Monitor in the notification tray, and copy the "About..." information here. Also, does the problem occur with all applications, or just some? For example, does the problem occur when running gpasample.exe from the install folder for GPA?

Thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello again,

Next, please ensure that you have the latest OS patches installed, and that you have the latest graphics drivers and BIOS for your system, and the latest version of the Intel GPA product.

Thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
Alamin_S_
Beginner
well sorry for being late, please don't mind.. but.. one thing i would like to inform you.. that my pc is not so powerfull it has intel atom 230 d945gclf motherboard with 1.6ghz ht enabled single core processor, 1 gb physical memory, 82945g chipset.. Hence, i want to know that if my pc is capable of using intel gpa's latest version... and i will be posting the other details soon, thank you.
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Yes, you don't have a supported system configuration, which probably explains the problems you are seeing.

Regards,

Neal

From the product's release notes:

System Requirements and Supported Platforms

Minimum requirements for client systems used to analyze Windows* OS or Android* workloads are: Intel® Core™ Processor with a minimum of 2GB of memory. At least 4GB of memory is highly recommended. To do frame profiling you need a Windows* 64-bit OS installed.

• Client Processor: Intel® Core™ Processor
  • Target Processor: 1.6GHz
  • System Memory: 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
  • Video Memory: 512MB RAM
  • Minimum resolution: 1280x1024
0 Kudos
Alamin_S_
Beginner
ok.. Therefore my outdated hardware is the problem.. Also i've seen the same problem with some of the old netbook users.. thank you.. Well this old computer is now being used by my little cousin and he used to play games on it, and they were running very slow delivering less than 20 fps so this was the reason i tried to use this software. But is there anything just equivalent to igpa which could be useful with this model.. Thank you..
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

For systems with limited resources, you can also try running Intel GPA in a "networked/remote mode" -- that is, keep the same target system but run the Intel GPA System Analyzer from another system. See this section of online help for more details.

However, in your specific situation I would suggest the following:

1) Try various application-independent techniques for speeding up slow systems. I did a quick internet search for "how to speed up my pc", and found many sites offering free tips (such as this site for Windows 7).

2) Check the user forums for the specific game that you are trying to run -- they may have more specific information about game options that you can enable/disable to help make the game run faster on this system (such as disabling shadows, etc.).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos