Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Intel Metrics Framework development...

RBark2
Beginner

I have been trying to create an application for my company that monitors the Intel HD/Iris GPU load on out Intel E3 servers.  I primarilly have to get information from the Intel GPU about how many "QuickSync" threads are currently being used on the Intel GPU. I have looked into various SDKs/Libraries that would help me do this.

The most promissing thing I came across is the Intel "Metrics Framework" (within the Intel "Platform Analysis Library").  This SDK seemed like it would provide what I needed.

I created an application that would monitor the following "metric" IDs:
com.intel.gpu.gpu_busy
com.intel.media.gpu_usage
com.intel.media.mfx_usage 

When I ran that application on my Intel desktop or laptop systems (running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit), the application seemed to return the appropriate information.  Unfortunately, when I ran the same application on one of our Intel E3 servers (running Windows 2012 Server), the application returned an error, that was not able to find those same "metric" IDs.

As far as I can tell, both the desktop and server computers have Intel GPUs which are running the same Intel Graphics drivers. 

Anyone have any idea how I can resolve this issue (to monitors those "metric" IDs on the server)???

If not, does anyone know of an alternate SDK or library to do this (get information from the Intel GPU about how many "QuickSync" threads are currently being used on the Intel GPU)???

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Please refer to my previous post. This forum is meant to answer questions regarding Intel® GPA. I would try reaching out to this forum >https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/software-tuning-performance-optimization-platform-monitoring<

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Russ,

It doesn't seem that the Intel® Metrics Framework supports Windows 2012 Server. The user guide shows that it doesn't support any server versions of Windows. Unfortunately, I don't have anymore knowledge about metrics framework besides what is in this user guide, as our team does not update nor work on the metrics framework.

I wasn't able to find any other forum to point you to, besides "Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring" which it looks like you've already posted in. 

0 Kudos
RBark2
Beginner

I am trying to create an application (utility) that monitors various aspects of each system that it is running on:

- CPU usage

- GPU usage

- MFX (Intel QuickSync acceleration) resource usage

I have written some software that makes use of (is based on) the Intel PAL (Metrics Framework) SDK.  The software seems to work fine on my test system.  However, when I run it on one of the production systems, I get the following errors:
- Metric "com.intel.media.mfx_usage" not found
- Metric "com.intel.gpu_usage" not found

Any idea how I can resolve this???

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Please refer to my previous post. This forum is meant to answer questions regarding Intel® GPA. I would try reaching out to this forum >https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/software-tuning-performance-optimization-platform-monitoring<

0 Kudos