Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Need Help with system analyzer

sami__huzaifa
Beginner

Hi.can anyone tell whether this intel system analyzer uses performance counter in it or not.please need help with this 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Huzaifa,

What exactly are you looking for in relation to perf. counters? Also, what OS/API combo are you wanting to profile? Metrics in System Analyzer are both OS and API specific.

0 Kudos
sami__huzaifa
Beginner

Hi.Actually i want to optimize unity games using performance counters.I am working on Windows x64 and i want to find out which api or performance counters this system analyzer uses.Please i need help about this

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Huzaifa,

There are a few places where you can find out counters, GPU counters: https://software.intel.com/en-us/gpa-user-guide-for-windows-host-gpu-metrics, as well as CPU counters: https://software.intel.com/en-us/gpa-user-guide-for-windows-host-cpu-metrics

0 Kudos
sami__huzaifa
Beginner

Hi thanks for your reply.But as i asked i have a confusion.As u told cpu counters are used but how it uses it?For example if i have to access performance counters in any application i have to use API's to access cpu usage.So in this system analyzer how it accesses cpu countes?Can you tell me tha?

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Huzaifa,

We heavily rely on an Intel made API, that is now open source -> https://github.com/intel/metrics-discovery <- to gather all the metrics and counters that you see within the tool. If you want more details about its usage and how the counters are collected, I would recommend reading the documentation for the API. However, please let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Kudos
sami__huzaifa
Beginner

Hi,thanks for your response.Can you please kindly send me the link to the documentation of this API as u mentioned.I cant find detail documentation on this API only a simple introduction is available on GitHub.Please kindly send me the documentation link. Thankyou

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Oh no! I wasn't able to find further documentation. I will go dig through/ask around to see if I can find further documentation, I'll keep you posted! 

0 Kudos
sami__huzaifa
Beginner

Ok i will wait for it.Coz i really need these details.Really important for me

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Huzaifa,

Turns out we don't have any documentation available for the API. What you see in the Github is all that we have. I'm also not part of the team who developed the API so I'm not able to provide more information.

0 Kudos
sami__huzaifa
Beginner

How can i contact developers?any email?Intel should provide a detailed information to the users otherwise how can i understand these api?Please try to help me out with this

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Huzaifa,

Unfortunately there is no email or contact information. I would suggest posting an issue in the GitHub repository, they seem to be pretty active on that page.

However, please note that the open source support for MD API is only for Linux so I would imagine that they will only have insight/answers for Linux specifically. 

0 Kudos