Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

OpenGL 4.5 GPA For Windows Support?

GregZero
Novice

I've just converted an application from DirectX11 to OpenGL 4.5 to gain some cross platform support for Windows and Linux.

Just installed latest GPA to find no OpenGL support, and older GPA appears not support OpenGL 4.5.

How can I analyze OpenGL performance for Intel GPUs  on Windows?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

GregZero,

Thanks for creating a new post. That other one was quite outdated.

Unfortunately, I have no good news for you

Having written apps myself, I know that cross platform support is extremely useful. Unfortunately, we no longer support OpenGL on Windows. Nor do we support OpenGL 4.5 on any platform.

We do support OpenGL 4.1 on Linux. But our focus is DirectX and Vulkan.

Pamela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

GregZero,

Thanks for creating a new post. That other one was quite outdated.

Unfortunately, I have no good news for you

Having written apps myself, I know that cross platform support is extremely useful. Unfortunately, we no longer support OpenGL on Windows. Nor do we support OpenGL 4.5 on any platform.

We do support OpenGL 4.1 on Linux. But our focus is DirectX and Vulkan.

Pamela

0 Kudos
GregZero
Novice
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

By the way, did you try it in Frame mode? We don't guarantee results, but it could end up being helpful.

0 Kudos
GregZero
Novice

If by 'Frame mode', you mean frame capture, I can use System Analyzer to see some stats on the app, and the app is overlaid with a HUD info  display.  I can capture a frame. But when I open the frame in Graphics Frame Analyzer, I just see error "An internal error has occurred. Please contact Intel customer support."

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Well darn. I wonder if there would be a difference if you used GPA Framework . . . you could give it a shot.  It only works on Windows*.

So, Framework is the back end - it's underneath the GPA GUI Tools. We provide the Framework as a separate "product" because it's cli, so Game Devs use it for automating testing or debugging . . . basically anything where you want the captures and data but don't need to see the pretty graphs. I fear it may not work, but might be worth a try.

If you want to try:

Let me know what happens if you try it.

Pamela

0 Kudos
GregZero
Novice

Thanks. I have got past my critical performance issue now.

If I get to trying  the GPA Framework, I'll let you know.  The docs do state "NOTE: Intel® GPA Framework instruments and captures only the graphics APIs from the Supported Graphics APIs." Linking to DX and Vulkan only, so no high hopes in that direction.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Oh good - I'm glad you got past your issue.

0 Kudos