Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pick GPU in System Analyzer

If I have a system with an integrated and discrete Intel GPU, how to I tell System Analyzer to monitor them? It seems to pick one (integrated) with no option to monitor the other.

I'm running OpenCL so have the ability to control where the compute executes.

System info: System Analyzer 2020 R3, 20.3.1601968646.

Windows 10 Version 2004 (Build 19041.630)

Architecture x84, 9 cores.

GPU Info: Intel UHD Graphics for GPU#1, Intel Iris Xe Graphics for GPU#2

Visual Studio 2019.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We will look into this and get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

Could you confirm whether you are using System analyzer with Vtune?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are moving it to the right forum to get help in this query. Thanks!

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Graphics-Performance/Pick-GPU-in-System-Analyzer/m-p/1229165#M2...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have Vtune on the system, but I'm using System Analyzer independent of it as fair as I can tell.

I have used Vtune and the new GPU analysis tools, but that is a separate activity from what I can tell.

I guess I have the same question for Vtune as well as it doesn't seem to have an obvious method to me for selecting which GPU, integrated or discrete to profile.

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Max,

Small world - we meet again. I am the GPA TCE now.

For VTune you should open a separate ticket (I think where you originally filed this): https://community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/bd-p/analyzers

As for GPUs being detected with GPA, that should be automatic, unless you have a GPU disabled.

When you have System Analyzer open, please click the i button (i in a square) at the top right of the tool. Click the copy button and paste it here or send it to me. It will show what GPUs were detected. Or . . . is that where you got the system info you included in your original message?

Pamela

0 Kudos