Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
488 Discussions

Unable to capture frame on NoxPlayer (Android Emulator)

shoxie
Beginner

GPA successfully attaches to the process (NoxVMHandle.exe) and displays the overlay. However pressing the hotkey to capture frame does nothing, none of the overrides work either.

NoxPlayer website: https://www.bignox.com/

See attached screenshot below

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

The Frame Analyzer lead agrees. He said it should work.

Are you using GPA Framework, or the GPA GUI tools?

You are using DirectX11?

You are in Frame mode, right?

Have you tried Stream mode? Stream mode captures multiple frames.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

shoxie,

We don't support a public version of GPA for Android. However, I don't know about the emulator.

I will ask the GPA devs who work on our Android stuff.

Meanwhile, tell me more - looks like you are using GPA Framework, not the GUI tools?

Please tell me the following:

• What platform you are running on? Win10?
  • Which GPUs are you using?
  • CPU?

Pamela

0 Kudos
shoxie
Beginner

Hi, the emulator is a windows application which runs Android in a VirtualBox environment using DirectX. GPA Framework "should" be able to capture a frame from it like any other windows application using DirectX. Would appreciate if one of your developers can debug the issue, GPA hooks into the process, displays the overlay and takes hotkey input but all other functionality does not work.

Windows 10

Geforce 2080 RTX

i7 9700k

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

The Frame Analyzer lead agrees. He said it should work.

Are you using GPA Framework, or the GPA GUI tools?

You are using DirectX11?

You are in Frame mode, right?

Have you tried Stream mode? Stream mode captures multiple frames.

shoxie
Beginner

Thank you, Stream mode appears to work.

Although it stops functioning after the first capture and GPA Monitor needs to be restarted for it to work again.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Well that's cool, that Stream works . . . so you can analyze a few frames using that?

Could you do me a favor? We want to try to make this work better. The devs let me know that GPA hotkeys don't work with nox.exe because rendering happens in NoxVMHandle.exe and then gets sent to nox.exe as a picture or some such file.

Could you please try capturing a frame via System Analyzer and let me know if that works? 

Thanks,

Pamela

0 Kudos
shoxie
Beginner

Yes thank you, I can analyze frames with Stream capture.

Attaching to NoxVMHandle.exe process via System Analyzer and capturing a frame appears to be working, however overrides aren't.

I tried on another similar emulator called MEmu https://www.memuplay.com/  but ran into bigger issues, no overlay ever gets displayed however Stream capture works but Frame capture and System Analyzer capture fails.

Edit: I had to add "MEmu" to InjectionSkipList.txt so GPA only hooks into the MEmuHeadless.exe process, however the overlay still does not show.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Cool. Thank you so much for the info!! I will pass it on the the devs.

0 Kudos