Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
496 Discussions

running print-api-log.exe <MySteamPath> -f 2 Error

Kenzhou88
Beginner

Hello, I tried to run the print-api-log example of Intel GPA framework, but encountered an error "new playback::PlaybackEngine" in sample-utilities::InitSample() when executing "print-api-log.exe mystreamPath -f 2". Could you please advise on how to solve this issue? Thank you!

Kenzhou88_0-1704699289146.png

Some related information about the issue:

The stream I input is obtained through Graphics Monitor from gpasimple.exe. I have verified that there is data output by using "gpa-stream-analyzer.exe -d 0 -f 1 "mystream path"", and I have also analyzed a frame using Graphics Frame Analyzer, which can display various types of data normally.

Other information:

Operating system: Windows 10 Professional

DirectX  12

GPA version: 23.4.25980.4736

GPA framework version: 23.4

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenzhou88
Beginner

Kenzhou88_1-1704803401091.png

I tried running print-api-log.exe but nothing was output. But when I run gpa-stream-analyzer.exe, the data can be output normally.
I tried to modify the print-api-log code to debug what went wrong, and found that new playback::PlaybackEngine would report an error here.
Does anyone know the reason why print-api-log reports an error? how do i use it?

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Thank you for reporting this. It is a bug. It only happens with certain streams and we don't know what the factors are yet, but we have created a Jira and will try to fix it before the next release.

0 Kudos
sentientSpark_Intel

To add to Pamela, thanks for experimenting with the GPA framework samples! We've included them for convivence in using GPA Framework to custom fit your graphics needs. I'm sorry that you have run into problems using the sample print-api-log.exe with gpasample.exe. That is understandably frustrating.

We have looked into this issue and have been able to successfully reproduce this bug on some streams. Like Pamela said, we hope to develop a fix that will enable the print-api-log sample to work properly for all streams in the future release

0 Kudos
sentientSpark_Intel

Hi again Kenzhou88,

We've investigated the issue further and would like to ask for more information regarding the bug you are encountering.

1) Would you be able to share the "MSGame" stream with us? 

2) Could you try the following playback commands with a fully captured (not deferred) stream and let me know if it crashes or not?  

gpa-player [Stream path]

gpa-player -f 2 -r 20

Thanks!

0 Kudos