Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Cannot compile/run for CPU+FPGA (Targeting Multiple Platforms)

raulhs
Beginner

Hi,

I've been trying to compile/run on 2 devices (CPU and FPGA)  as described in the "Targeting Multiple Platforms" section of the oneAPI programming guide (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-programming-guide/top/programming-interface/fpga-flow/targeting-multiple-platforms.html).

When targeting the emulator, it works correctly, but when targeting the FPGA, only the CPU kernel works correctly, but the FPGA one terminates:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cl::sycl::runtime_error'
what(): Native API failed. Native API returns: -42 (CL_INVALID_BINARY) -42 (CL_INVALID_BINARY)
Aborted

I've used the same commands as in the guide. Im compiling and running on the "s001-n142" node in devcloud, which has a stratix10.

Im attaching the source code used. How can i get this to work?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @raulhs,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

I have tried to compile the provided code on the mention node and are able to completed as below:

Screenshot 2022-05-05 214042.jpg

The steps that I have used to completed are following the section 'FPGA Hardware Compile' for linux.

Hence my guess there might be some platform inconsistencies during your compilation or some missing steps, would suggest to check on them.

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @raulhs,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

I have tried to compile the provided code on the mention node and are able to completed as below:

Screenshot 2022-05-05 214042.jpg

The steps that I have used to completed are following the section 'FPGA Hardware Compile' for linux.

Hence my guess there might be some platform inconsistencies during your compilation or some missing steps, would suggest to check on them.

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @raulhs,

Great! Good to know that you have managed to find the solution, with no further clarification on this thread, it will be transitioned to community support for further help on doubts in this thread.

Thank you for the questions and as always pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos