Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
512 Discussions

Easy way to synthesis duplicate FPGA kernel?

jasonlin316
Beginner

I am currently trying to use the oneAPI on DevCloud, not sure how to synthesis duplicate FPGA kernels.

Here is the case, maybe I implement a matrix multiplier, and it only cost 25% of hardware resources on The FPGA board, so I would synthesis 4 matrix multipliers to use more FPGA resources and achieve higher parallelism.

Though it seems like a simple question, I don't know how to do this using oneAPI.

I found a related tutorial: compute_units

But the tutorial is kinda complicated, all these unroller, sink and source... hard to get a clue which line/pragma is the key to implement multiple CU

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please see the link below which explains exactly how to configure OneAPI to run multiple kernel.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-gpu-optimization-guide/top...

Thanks and Regards

Anil